• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Pain Behind the Knee

Clean_Cut

Bluelighter
Whenever Im at a festival lately I get wierd pain behind the knee, like on the back of my legs.
Its especially bad when Im standing still in one spot for a long time...it feels like a vein pain or tendon pain or something.
It really bothers me because it distracts me from having a good time.
Any1 else experience this? and know how to prevent it?
Cheers

Hmmm, it sounds like your legs might be hyperextending for some reason. I've had similar pain after doing too many hamstring curls at the gym.

Do you do any leg weights or other exercise?
It might be an idea to try and strengthen the muscles around your knees so your legs can better support the joints, thus reducing the chance of hyperextension.

Have you ever seen a physiotherapist about this? It might be worth getting it checked out.

Knees can be troublesome joints and demand to be looked after. Good luck!

Yeah i think its something to do with hyperextension...its wierd because i can walk around all day at work and be fine, yet at a festival i get these pains.
Ill look into some exercise, Cheers for advice.
I was sober at the festival btw haha.

Are you standing/bouncing on your tiptoes at festivls? The gastrocnemius muscle responsible for raising you onto your tiptoes attaches at the back of the knee. This muscle is quite prone to spasms. It could get sore from you being on tiptoes for a while if your legs aren't used to lots of running and jumping.

Is it right behind the knee or is it really in the upper calf?

I had a pain about a year ago I thought was behind my knee but it turns out I had some very tight muscle fibers in the upper part of my calf muscle (gastrocnemius to be exact). I went to a sports massage therapist and she found it. Damn it hurt while she worked on it but I have been able to run pain free since.

Pick up a bottle/jar of Tahini paste at your local supermarket. Eat a teaspoon to a tablespoon a day by any method or mixing. After a couple of weeks, taper back and do a teaspoon every couple to few days. Drink lots of water. This is plain water, in addition to your regular fluid intake. Most people today are deficient in magnesium and fluids on a good day, let alone when taking stims. Tendons and muscles cramping are precipitated by this deficiency.

Tahini is an excellent and easy to use, well-balanced source of magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium, iron and a bunch of other elements. It's worse than peanut butter, though, in how it ties up your mouth, so most people need to find a favourite way of eating it other than plain.

gastrocnemius

I fucking love that word =D
Best muscle name ever :D

Pick up a bottle/jar of Tahini paste at your local supermarket. Eat a teaspoon to a tablespoon a day by any method or mixing. After a couple of weeks, taper back and do a teaspoon every couple to few days. Drink lots of water. This is plain water, in addition to your regular fluid intake. Most people today are deficient in magnesium and fluids on a good day, let alone when taking stims. Tendons and muscles cramping are precipitated by this deficiency.

Tahini is an excellent and easy to use, well-balanced source of magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium, iron and a bunch of other elements. It's worse than peanut butter, though, in how it ties up your mouth, so most people need to find a favourite way of eating it other than plain.

Daily magnesium supplements are the main reason I don't suffer from muscle fatigue/soreness after working out and strenuous/prolonged exercise. I would highly recommend at least adding magnesium supplements to one's daily routine if muscle soreness is an issue.
The Tahini paste sounds great!!